Jason William Scheier is a Visual Developement Artist and Concept Artist at DreamWorks Animation, and an Additional Development Art for The Croods.
Jason is a teacher at various learning institutes, such as an Entertainment Art Instructor at the Art Center College of Design, a Concept Art Instructor at the Concept Design Academy, and a Master Class Online Instructor at CGMA.
He previously worked as a Lead Concept Design Instructor at Laguna College of Art and Design (2008-2011), Concept Design at Double Helix Games (2007-2008), and as Lead Concept Design at Involve Inc. (2006-2008).
He studied Bachelors of Fine Art, Entertainment Design at the Art Center College of Design (2007-2008), B.S., Media Arts and Animation at The Art Institute of California - Orange County (2003-2006), Bachelors of Fine Art, Fine Art at California State University-Fullerton (1998-2000).
- The Blank Workshop - Bogota Columbia (September 20, 2013).
- Sense and What is Sensed, a comparison of Plein-Air and Digital landscape painting - Aussie Gallery (September 5, 2013).
- Digital Painting Techniques with Jason Scheier - DreamWorks Artistic Development (August 21, 2013)
- Siggraph Lecture and Demo at Wacom Technology Booth - Wacom Technology/Creative Talent Network/Center Stage Gallery (July 22, 2013).
- Fast Track to Animation - Center Stage Gallery (July 18, 2013).
- Center Stage Gallery puts "Turbo" artist on the fast track - The Examiner (June 23, 2013).
- Featured Artist - THECAB - The Concept Art Blog (June 21, 2013).
- Artist of the Day - Cartoon Brew (June 19, 2013).
- Art of Turbo - Insight Editions (June 24, 2013).
- CGHub Master Artist - CGHub (June 10, 2013).
- Dreamcrits Review - California University Fullerton/DreamWorks Animation (April 3, 2013).
- Featured Artist - THECAB - The Concept Art Blog (March 25, 2013).
- Featured Artist - Image FX - Imagine FX (March 3, 2013).
- Paintings in Pixels: an Exhibition of Concept Art - Riverside Art Museum (September 30, 2012).
- Imagination as a tool for Environment Design for Animation - Computer Graphics Masters Workshop (August 15, 2012).
- Four Eyes Art Collective - Four Eyes Art Collective, Grand Star Jazz Club (March 31, 2012).
- Imagination as a tool for Environment Design - Creative Talent Network (November 13, 2012).
- Jason Scheier - Visual Development Artist - The Art Institute, Inland Empire (October 22, 2011).
- Featured Artist - Lines and Colors - Lines and Colors (August 29, 2011).
- Jason Scheier Vis Dec Seminar - Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art (September 13, 2011).
- Featured Artist - Concept Art World - Concept Art World (May 20, 2011).
- The Little Engine that Could - Red Engine (July 16, 2011).
- Jason Scheier - Visual Development Artist - Otis College of Art Design (October 28, 2010).
- Moonshine, DreamWorks Artist After Dark - Design Studio Press (October 10, 2010).
- Moonshine - Gallery Nucleus (August 14, 2010).
- Environment Design Workshop with Jason Scheier - The Art Institute, Orange County (July 15, 2010).
- Dressed to Kill - Laguna College of Art and Design (January 12, 2010).
- Environment Design Workshop with Jason Scheier - The Art Institute, Inland Empire (June 22, 2009).
- Featured Artist - CG Talk - CG Society (January 1, 2006).
- Home (2014) - visual development artist.
- Turbo (2013) - visual development artist.
- The Croods (2013) - additional visual development.
- Rise of the Guardians (2012) - visual development artist.
- Megamind (2010) - visual development artist.
- Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters (2011) - visual development.
- Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Furious Five (2008) - background artist/background designer.
- Neighbors from Hell (2010) - artist for 4 episodes.
- Scared Shrekless (2010) - visual development artist.
- Monsters vs Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space (2009) - visual development artist.